Core Animation Software Engineer (C++, Unreal) - Maxis
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166368
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Development Director as an Animation Engineer you will work on the animation system subsystem within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done completely in C++.
You will guide the delivery of the following:
- Work with the design team to identify animation tech and prototyping needs.
- Develop animation prototypes.
- Improve existing prototypes.
- Design specifications for production level subsystems.
- Create task implementation plans.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Implement production level subsystems.
- Improve code to reach the desired performance.
- Document implemented components.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers.
- Learn new technologies needed to complete the tasks.
- Perform as an expert to the team.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 2+ years experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- 4+ years experience programming in C++.
- Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
- Experience delivering high-quality tools for content creators
- An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motion in 3D space.
- Experience working directly with animators and other non-engineer content creators to solve artistic problems creatively.
- Experience with and interest in achieving high-quality animation, especially in games.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Prototype applications.
- Guide other engineers through the development process.
- Document specifications.
- Experience with machine learning technologies and toolchains, especially in the area of generated animation
- Experience with DCC animation toolsets (Maya, 3DS Max, or others.)
- Experience with C#, WPF, and Python
- Experience with mobile platforms
Community / Marketing Title: Core Animation Software Engineer (C++, Unreal) - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-07 18:14:28.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.