EAX Software Engineer, React
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166365
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EAX Software Engineer, React (EADX Social Scrum)
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team drives the strategy and implementation of EA's network, helping EA's community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our work includes: EA.com; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA App; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies.
In your role as a React Software Engineer, reporting to an EAX technical director, you will be responsible for hands-on React, CSS, HTML development, actively participating in project scoping, planning, architect and execution, collaborating with cross-functional teams, keeping an eye on the utmost delivery for our player community. As part of the broader team, you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of Burnaby, BC.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
- Hands-on development using React, CSS, HTML, and JS
- Being part of a ~10-15 person scrum team
- Working with Experience Design throughout the design, and development process
- Actively participating in project scoping, planning, design, and execution
- Contributing to building a modular and performant progressive web application
- Utilizing your knowledge of software engineering design patterns to develop tested, reusable, and modular code
- Applying knowledge of our company goals to find creative solutions for the project, team, and group
- Expanding your breadth of knowledge
- Having passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- Front-end build tools such as Webpack and npm scripts
- Proficiency with front-end performance topics / rendering internals
- Proficiency delivering feature-level technical design and documentation
- Experience with performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development, and experience working with a team in implementing these principals.
- Web Components
- CSS processors such as Emotion, Less, or Sass
- UI / UX feedback
- TechOps / infrastructure systems - Amazon Web Services, Chef and Jenkins
- Server-side development using nodeJS, PHP, Java, Ruby or Python
Community / Marketing Title: EAX Software Engineer, React
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-07 19:57:46.247
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.