Lead Tools Engineer (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166320
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Lead Tools Engineer, you will amplify the ability of your teammates to deliver the features players want. The tools team does not work in isolation. They work closely with rendering, animation, gameplay, and others to analyze, design, implement, and test team-facing features. Many tools features encompass significant work in engine code. The Lead Tools Engineer will help prioritize work, working side-by-side with tools engineers, offering coaching and guidance. The lead will spend time facilitating communication, measuring and optimizing performance, and designing and documenting processes.
- Work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, triage and prioritize requests.
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for Tools systems
- Mentor a team of tools software developers with a broad range of experience and seniority.
- Play an active role in project planning for your team, in collaboration with Production staff.
- Spend approximately 50% of your time doing hands-on tools development and code reviews.
- Hire Tools Programmers for your team
- You will report to the Engine Technical Director
- Passion for making and playing games.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ tools development in the video games industry.
- Experience with large code bases
- Experience writing performant code
Nice to Have
- Experience with C++ UI systems: QT, Wx, GTK, ImGui etc.
- Experience with Asset Pipelines
- Experience developing console games.
- Experience with C#, Python or other scripting language
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Tools Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-12 01:32:04.113
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.