North American Accommodations Specialist
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 166304
Position Title: Benefits Program Manager
EA's Global Benefits and Wellbeing Team is looking for an accommodations subject matter expert to bring outstanding leave of absence (LOA), disability, and accommodations case management to EA employees within the US and Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Wellbeing, you will be the primary contact for employees as they proceed through the accommodations process, partnering with our HR partners and managers. You will and will oversee the daily administration and resolution of North America medical accommodation requests end-to-end and following (1) EA policies, procedures, culture; (2) local, state, and federal laws within the US; and (3) provincial and federal laws within Canada.
The Accommodations Specialist will manage the accommodations process by engaging in the following:
- Liaise between the Benefits team, third-party administrators (Matrix, Canada Life), and company partners to manage all accommodation requests and determinations end-to-end to ensure accurate case management.
- You'll use an understanding of best practices and applicable laws to ensure accurate case management; participate in the interactive process, the coordination/completion of process forms, and the development of return to work provisions (e.g., modified work schedules, workplace accommodation, transitional work assignments)
- You will provide guidance to employees, managers, and HR partners on aspects of the accommodations and LOA case management process.
- You will develop training materials and programs to educate all team members on LOA, short-term-disability, long-term-disability, and accommodations programs.
- You will demonstrate strict confidentiality, accuracy, and integrity in the course of this work.
- You will collect, process, and maintain medical data following company policies and country-specific laws.
- You will track and store documentation related to LOAs, disability claims, and accommodation requests.
- You will consult with Legal partners on complex issues.
- You will perform other responsibilities/activities as assigned including participating in projects and growth projects on behalf of the Benefits and Wellbeing team.
- Five years experience managing high-volume case management or within an HR compliance role providing expert consultation to managers, employees, and company partners regarding: reasonable medical accommodations, LOAs, short-term-disability programs, long-term disability programs, and returns from leave with complex accommodations.
- Expertise in all applicable LOA/Disability/Accommodation-related laws within the US and Canada; ability to resolve different leave and accommodations issues.
- Experience with managing confidential data, observing local and federal laws within the US and Canada.
- Partner across the business and at different levels.
- Knowledge of US benefits.
- Can perform the tasks of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Certified Professional and Disability Management (CPDM), Canadian Society of Professionals in Disability Management (CSPDM), or Certified Business Benefits Professional (CBP) certification/designation
- Experience with Workday and the Google suite of products is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: North American Accommodations Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-07 15:25:16.833
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。