Technical Artist - Animation
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 166249
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
Technical Artist II
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world. EA artists strive to create characters, performances, scenery, moods and experiences that suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with players.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We’re a diverse team that is unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Animation team provides high-quality facial animation and body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
Technical Artist II
The Technical Artist is a technical bridge between animation and developers. They ensure all performances, animations and assets are technically integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision. The Technical Artist works as part of the animation team and coordinates with animators, the animation director, development managers and with the lead programmers. They ensure all work is completed, tools run as expected and evolve based on discoveries, and production schedules are maintained through technical delivery and meeting specification.
- Set up and maintaining the animation production workflow
- Solve animation workflow problems as they arise
- Establish and enforce technical requirements, such as animation baking, scene setup, naming conventions, export settings.
- Report technical issues, discoveries and solutions to production management
- Share technical knowledge with other animators through training sessions
- Work with the Technical Supervisor to evaluate and provide feedback on animation tools
- Work with other animators and technical artists daily to identify challenges and provide solutions
- Communicate technical dependencies and specifications to partnering teams, such as Rigging, Motion Capture, Art, Environment, and Programming.
- Provide clear information when technical solutions require sending work back to a team
- Investigate new animation techniques and implement them on projects
- Keep up-to-date in changes in the developer's technology
- Create custom tools to improve animation efficiency
- 3+ years of games/animation production experience
- Intermediate knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, rigging, animation
- Experience with Maya, experience with MotionBuilder
- Intermediate scripting experience with Python or Mel/Maya API
- Proficiency with C# or C++
- Understanding of game platforms
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist - Animation
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-02 15:27:47.267
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.