Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166242
Position Title: Senior Artist
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Senior World Builder – SKATE
“This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.”
We are looking for an experienced Senior World Builder to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate’s World Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on world style, layout, and world creation techniques.
- Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in world creation and layout techniques.
- Work with the World Director to establish Environment Theming & Tone, References for sections of the world.
- Work closely with Level Designers to iterate on, and bring a level of believability and detail to the world while retaining the gameplay intentions.
- Work with the World Director and Technical Art team to explore different methods for creating and laying out the world, including procedural layout tools and workflows.
- Own sections of the world, defining and scoping requirements and establishing detailed goals for yourself and your teammates.
- Work with the tech art and engineering teams to help establish performance and memory budgets to set achievable targets for world density.
You will demonstrate the following:
- 5+ Years Experience on Video Game Asset production teams
- Experience shipping environment content in an intermediate to senior role on 2-3 shipped console/PC titles.
- Strong knowledge of architecture, city planning, and visual design.
- Excellent sense of visual composition, form and color.
- Experience with many different methods for creating a game world including modular systems and usage of procedural tools.
- Able to quickly gain proficiency and help develop new tools related to world creation.
- Excellent knowledge of how to manage content for games in an optimized and performant manner.
- A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate.
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Worldbuilder
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-10 20:55:20.447
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.