Lead Security Engineer
Multiple Locations: Virginia, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 166145
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I - Security
LEAD SECURITY ENGINEER
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
The Lead Security Engineer is a member of the Verification & Pentest (VAP) team under the Security Platform Engineering and Anti-Cheat Response (SPEAR) group within the EA Security department. You will report directly to the manager of the VAP team.
As a Lead Security Engineer, you will discover vulnerabilities in EA's games and gaming infrastructure. Your work will help protect our data and most importantly, our customers.
The security assessments you perform will cover everything from web applications, to network infrastructure, to thick clients and servers. In addition to identifying security issues, you'll need to determine the risk and business ramifications posed by the vulnerabilities you discover and explain your findings across teams.
You'll bring an understanding of security principles and a passion to learn new technologies, challenge assumptions, and introduce new techniques.
- Use architecture and design documentation and an understanding of the interactions between EA products to create security assessment scoping documents
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of EA products, services and architectures, using that understanding to perform in-depth reviews
- Identify systemic vulnerability trends and patterns, and propose and engage product teams at a senior level to address these issues at EA
- Correctly rate the security impact of discovered vulnerabilities and articulate effective remediation steps to product teams
- Drive remediation of vulnerabilities by engaging leadership of product teams
- Give presentations at internal and external security conferences
- Propose and help develop educational materials to raise security IQ across EA
- Participate and contribute in strategic conversations at the SPEAR management level
- Conduct full interviews & offer feedback on VAP strategy
- Identify and distill external research, to improve knowledge across EA Security
- At least eight years hands-on experience of full stack Application Security reviews that span multiple platforms and programming languages.
- In-depth experience with security assessment tools and understanding of their applicability and limitations in different assessment scenarios.
- Expertise in multiple of the following domains and knowledge in the remaining domains: Networking, OS Internals, Cloud Architecture, Web frameworks or Mobile Architecture
- Knowledge of best practices and common pitfalls in multiple of: cryptography, authentication mechanisms, authorization controls and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of all of the following exploitation techniques with expertise in multiple: XSS, SQLi, IDOR, MitM, DoS, BOF, or ROP
- Experience extrapolating observed instances of vulnerabilities into discussions of wider impacts and trends at an organizational level.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
- Experience delivering talks at internal and external security conferences and gaming conferences
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Security Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-05-26 18:50:51.887
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。