Quality Designer - Temporary
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166121
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective. The Lead QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will work with the QA Development Manager to meet schedules and ensure the creation and implementation of test coverage and project metrics.
As a Lead QA Analyst your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through test planning and active participation in the test responsibilities while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of QA efforts by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies.
- Be the primary QA contact for the development team that you will be embedded with.
- Coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Work with internal and external teams, and diverse domain experts across different time zones.
- Prioritize the player first, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets.
- Implement test cases, test plans and suites, defect tracking and regression tests.
- Develop scripts supporting both manual and automation testing.
- Be a process advocate. Both for efficiencies on your team, and for behaviors that bring defects into the product upstream.
- You can spot the differences between Waterfall/Scrum/Agile software development practices.
- Create reports to multiple teams to communicate what quality level using data.
- Identify and escalate risk that impacts project goals proposing potential solutions.
- Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems.
- Monitor and promote product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality.
- Mentor and cultivate junior members within their project team.
- 5years of experience in a software development environment.
- Experience shipping mobile software as QA professional.
- Excellent knowledge of production lifecycle stages & processes.
- Is comfortable in the drivers seat of risk management.
- Experience applying data to tell a story.
- Can advocate for industry leading quality principles.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred: (Computer Science, Game Production, Business).
- Experience with mobile game engines not required, but preferred (Unity, Unreal Engine).
- Proficient with test case management software (Test Rail, Jira, Zephyr).
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer - Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-05-25 18:01:01.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.