Rendering Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 166074
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Rendering Engineer - EA SPORTS Core Technology Team
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Rendering Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with architects and other engineers to build common rendering technologies, pipelines, and advanced rendering research. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build, and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
What you will do as a Software Engineer:
- Develop, design, modify, and optimize graphic and related rendering systems.
- Responsible for profiling as well as optimization of rendering, lighting, and shading components of a game engine
- Responsible for programming the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine.
- Works with designers, animators, artists, and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering features
- Debugs and improve asset creation infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience with C++ and Object Oriented
- Programming Expertise in a few of the following areas: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Strong experience with multithreading, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Strong Debugging skills
- Experience working with data driven systems.
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and optimization
- Experience with game engines like Frostbite, Unreal, Unity
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is desired
- Knowledge of art related tools to include Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc. is desired.
- Experience with Perforce is desired
- Console programming experience (specifically dealing with memory and performance in a fixed resource system) is desired.
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL is desired
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-02 16:02:28.723
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.