Game Economy Designer (Madden)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 166032
Position Title: Game Designer II
Madden is looking for a Game Economy Designer with experience to join the game team. You'll promote the delivery of game value to the customer, encouraging players to keep coming back and engage with the core game loop. You will employ methodologies of economics, sociology, and business intelligence to create a healthy game economy. The economy systems will be tightly integrated with systems for player customization, game progression, reward structures, and overall gameplay balance. You will report to one of our Producers.
- You will design and increase main features that further the strategic vision of the product to improve retention, acquisition, and monetization.
- You will model, build, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, faucets and monetization points.
- You will build the post-launch economy, including the incorporation of limited time events, reward structures, and purchases, and adjustments to support new features throughout the product lifecycle.
- You will partner with analytics team to collect and analyze economy, engagement, and monetization data; report on performance, suggest and implement optimizations.
- You will be the contact and resident authority on the game economy, including the economy health, corresponding daily game updates, and content pricing.
- You will establish and tune the economy, including drivers of purchase behavior, gameplay earn rates, purchase packages, pricing, virtual products, special events., to improve on meaningful metrics such as engagement time, retention, LTV.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Marketing, Business, or Social Science.
- 3+ years designing digital games; 1+ years optimizing live service games.
- Understand game balance and pacing in online games.
- Expertise with spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and in manipulating and summarizing large datasets.
- Break problems down and identify important relationships and levers that influence the outputs.
- Model problems into quantitative systems, anticipate downstream effects, and draw conclusions.
- Statistic knowledge, able to create ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- You have R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical analysis software competency.
- You have experience working with SQL.
- You have Programming experience (Python, C#, VBA, or others).
- You have experience with several testing methods such as multivariate, A/B, statistical hypothesis and play testing; experienced with cluster analysis, regressions, distribution modeling, sensitivity analysis.
- You have knowledge of microeconomics and pricing theory.
- You have understanding of client/server architecture and data collection pipeline and mining.
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, all genres of video games with special focus on live service games.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Economy Designer (Madden)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-05-19 20:31:23.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。