Generalist Software Engineer - C++ - NHL - Temporary
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 166015
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this role is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
The Generalist Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on a variety of complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains involving rendering, gameplay simulation and physics, audio, user interface, online networking, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
You will be on a temporary assignment (1 year contract) to start, with potential for longer term employment.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development, driving features, optimizations, tools and technologies.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game.
- You will analyze impact to the metrics mentioned above throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the game's foundational layer.
- Proficient in C++ with at least 3 years of C++ software development experience.
- Working knowledge of C#, Python, Lua, and assembly.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded programming, job systems, and debugging.
- Proficiency with memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Proficient in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems that span multiple domains.
- Proficient in debugging large, complex software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms.
- Experience developing Mobile, PC or Cloud-based Games.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist Software Engineer - C++ - NHL - Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-20 16:20:09.51
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。