Generalist Software Engineer - C++ - NHL - Temporary
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 166015
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this role is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
The Generalist Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on a variety of complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains involving rendering, gameplay simulation and physics, audio, user interface, online networking, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
You will be on a temporary assignment (1 year contract) to start, with potential for longer term employment.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development, driving features, optimizations, tools and technologies.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game.
- You will analyze impact to the metrics mentioned above throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the game's foundational layer.
- Proficient in C++ with at least 3 years of C++ software development experience.
- Working knowledge of C#, Python, Lua, and assembly.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded programming, job systems, and debugging.
- Proficiency with memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Proficient in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems that span multiple domains.
- Proficient in debugging large, complex software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of XBOX and Play Station platforms.
- Experience developing Mobile, PC or Cloud-based Games.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist Software Engineer - C++ - NHL - Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-20 16:20:09.51
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.