Character Artist (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Ontario, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165958
Position Title: Character Artist 2
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Character Artist to join an established, experienced team of developers working on a AAA first person shooter in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help create the vision and execution of a compelling, immersive experience.
What a Character Artist does at EA:
The character artist is an essential role in video game creation. You will create the cast of characters to populate the rich universe of the AAA action title. A character artist is a dynamic and efficient modeler with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content along with an imagination that is always in motion. Someone who can create amazing models based on 2D concept art or 3D concept models.
The next great Character Artist also has:
- 3+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
- Production experience with character creation
- Excellent creature and human anatomical understanding.
- Sculpting, texturing and game-ready asset creation abilities.
- Experience with PBR materials and shaders.
- An understanding of clothing and cloth materials. .
- Knowledge of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
- Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
- Visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Have a sense of ‘story’ and character in a game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
- Sense of proportion and composition with a eye for surface, colour, and detail
- Experience in cloth simulation is a desired skillset
- Experience in hard surface modeling is a benefit
- Character modeling and texturing
- UV layout and all the maps used
- Assets surfaced using 3D paint software, e.g. Substance Painter / Mari
- Examples to demonstrate understanding of physically based material properties
- Stylized assets are a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-19 15:56:48.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.