Online Software Engineer - FIFA
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 165952
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are excited by the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Join us if you believe this is the right environment for you to succeed.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked game experiences for EA Sports titles. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping, planning, implementing, and maintaining amazing new features and technology for an existing and beloved game. You will report to the Development Director and work with your Technical Lead to estimate, build and improve projects. You will be focused on delivering excellent game experiences through efficient and effective code.
- Leverage EA’s Digital Platform technologies to implement server features, components, and services.
- Create and maintain client code to support features and improve multiplayer experiences.
- Optimize client and server online systems to improve latency, reliability, scalability, performance, and memory.
- Design and iterate on architecture and infrastructure improvements for live systems and workflows.
- Work closely with partner teams to stand up and maintain online infrastructure and services for the title.
- Experience in software development with a strong C++ focus.
- Experience with networked applications or features (client/server and/or peer-to-peer).
- Experience developing in and debugging multi-threaded/concurrent architectures.
- Familiarity with database technologies (e.g. MySQL, SQL, Redis).
- Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo game consoles.
- Experience with real-time networking--particularly peer-to-peer deterministic games.
- Experience with network optimization and improving service reliability.
- Experience with log analysis and tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-17 23:17:27.237
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。