Sr. Technical Program Manager (Software Quality Engineering)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 165918
Position Title: DD II
Please note: this position may allow for remote work locations within the United States
We are EA…
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is difficult. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
The Challenge Ahead
A Sr Technical Program Manager for the Mobile Quality Engineering organization is the keeper of the program schedules project schedule and helps move the studio development teams from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication with their company partners and customers. You will partner with Technical Directors, other Development Directors, and senior leadership members across multiple studios and multiple disciplines (engineering, quality assurance, art/tech art) to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to spec, to quality, and within budget. You will also develop evolving development processes across this whole, global, organization.
- In an Agile environment, manages a development team(s) of software engineers and software engineers In test and coordinates Scrum teams to meet their sprint goals, leading and organizing resources in planning and tracking their work.
- In projects with multiple customers, act as the Product Owner to improve requirements, while ensuring clear identification of ROIs across all asks.
- Manage requirements, risks, and changes by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly. Most importantly, secure and track commitments.
- Establish and track important metrics and quality and performance indicators to promote the execution of program deliverables.
- Identify and analyze complex, long-term infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and partners.
- Improve our process improvements across multiple teams and functions with a focus on reducing manual test efforts through automation.
- Be involved with financial planning and headcount allocation to help the organization be funded and operating optimally.
- Work with business and product management to establish strategy and requirements.
- Work with engineering and business owners to establish program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are partnering with.
- Encourage activity across multiple business organizations with the ability to create agreement through collaboration and negotiation.
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Influence program decisions to align with higher company programs.
- Transparent in all their actions and flexible with their style.
- Determine engagement practices, ensuring all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff is trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Bring a customer-first focus with and adapt to evolving needs.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to improve team efficiency.
- Help promote resourcing, hiring, performance reviews, team building, and team health engagement.
- Respond to team health metrics to ensure minimal attrition.
- Foster an engaging and fulfilling work environment.
- Solve complex technical and program problems.
- Take a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make trade-offs, balances needs versus technical constraints.
- At a minimum: 7 years of technical project management or project lead experience.
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field.
- Excellent knowledge of product life cycle, software development lifecycle, and project planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Experience establishing project plans and project budgets, determining task requirements, assigning tasks, and implementing operational changes.
- Proficient in tools such as Jira, Perforce, and Confluence.
- Experience working with broad, diverse teams and leading teams that are multi-location and remote.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- A Master's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field
- Certified PMP
- Experience managing iOS and Android platform development programs
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience working on technical projects within common game development engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine
- Automated testing experiences.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Technical Program Manager (Software Quality Engineering)
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand, Veteranenstatus oder anderer durch das Gesetz geschützte Charakteristiken getroffen. Wir berücksichtigen unter Einhaltung der geltenden rechtlichen Bestimmungen auch qualifizierte Kandidaten mit Vorstrafen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.
Date Opened: 2021-05-13 20:35:09.737
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.