Technical Artist - Frostbite Destruction Systems
Multiple Locations: Stockholm, Sweden • Guildford, UK • Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 165883
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
What we are looking for
You are a Technical Artist with a passion for virtual destruction systems! You love to help develop tools that find new ways to destroy mesh assets, make them explode, shatter, crack and crumble. You can't wait to get into our Frostbite engine and make our buildings crumble under your god like powers of destruction. Your excitement and passion for this challenge inspires you to want to share your skills and discoveries with anyone and everyone who will listen. Especially our studio partners committed to this same vision.
- Collaborate directly with engineers, product team owners and content demo team to build solutions that showcase our physics systems around destruction, cloth, and rigid body physic systems.
- Work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
You Will Need
- Experience in 3D modelling, VFX or procedural tools
- Love sharing your skills and ideas across multiple creative talent, from artists, designers to engineers, producers and product managers.
- Did we mention the destruction part yet? That's an important passion we are looking for!
Your experience includes
- Dive into the details, solving difficult problems and sharing your discoveries
- A history working in games or film - with shipped titles to your credit
- Work with Unity, Unreal or similar game engines.
- Design or improve workflows and defining production pipelines
- 5+ years of development experience
- Comfortable working with a team across multiple time zones in Europe and North America
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist - Frostbite Destruction Systems
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-18 16:54:48.15
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。