Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 165815
Position Title: Art Director
Reports to: Studio Director
Location: Shanghai, China
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team who excel at creativity through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Art team provides compelling visual experiences across multiple genres and art styles. Visual art and technical art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The Art team encompasses animation, characters, lighting, rigging, technical art, visual effects and worlds.
- You will help game development partners clarify and enhance the visuals of their games
- You will direct visual storytelling for a variety of styles, settings, and themes
- You will coach the art teams about western art and culture to improve our ability to create games for that market
- You will help identify elements in the game that do not match the game style and promote dialogues with partners to get them addressed
- You will promote visual elements of the game, and able to bring them to successful quality, either personally or through delegation
- You will work with partners to enhance and expand the existing game vision
- You will mentor artists to help them gain experience and improve skills
- You will contribute to the studio art community through training and focus-groups
- You will help find and address risks associated with art production
- You will engage with team members in other studios to maintain long-term relationships
- You will take ownership and resolve art issues
- You will ensure that the internal team can take their assets to 100% completion
- You will need English and Chinese languages on the job
- Art direction experience providing art direction for all art disciplines
- Experience shipping several next-gen/AAA titles as art director
- Experience guiding a variety of game styles to 100% completion
- Knowledge of the general game market and trend
- Experience researching a visual style and creating a ‘game canon’ that can be used to guide a game team
- Skills directing concept artists to create the visual look of a game
- Experience doing makeups and paint-overs to convey visuals to both the internal team and partners
- Experience with how all types of assets work and able to use them to best effect
- Experience providing art critique for multiple next-gen/AAA games
- Proficient enough at scheduling and planning to help plan projects
- Experience with workflows – enough to correct processes of our partners
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-06 16:31:35.927
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.