Game Design Director- Mobile Studio
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165671
Position Title: Game Design Director
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people who combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
As Game Design Director, you have experience with all elements of mobile game development, from pre-production through live ops. You have experience with all areas of design, including gameplay, systems, and economy. You have an acute awareness of free to play mobile games and understand how design can maximize results while ensuring a focus on the player experience. You are a team-oriented person who excels in an innovative environment and someone who enjoys working with accomplished people on outstanding products. Experience working with distributed or remote teams is a major benefit.
- Define and expand upon a creative vision that delivers on the product goals
- Partner with the Game Director, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals
- Work with the design team to guide the creation and refinement of game designs that align with the vision
- Coordinate with designers and leadership to help establish scope, schedule design tasks and meet milestone demands
- Perform ongoing design to refine the game design throughout the development process from early design through to live service iteration
- Work with all departments on the scheduling and integration of game features
- Review and provide feedback on design work to ensure it is aligned with the creative vision
- Give feedback and help to implement improvements to the processes and tools that the team will use
- Mentor and lead the design team to grow their capabilities
- Be a creative leader for the team
- Report to the Game Director
- 5 + years experience in the field of mobile game design.
- 1+ shipped product as a Senior or Lead designer.
- Experience designing game economies and tuning/balancing game systems
- Shipped title experience with successful mobile titles
- Excellent design skills and deep understanding of game design theory.
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- A deep desire for delivering a high level of quality, with an awareness of what the prevailing standards of quality are in game design.
- The ability to function well during high stress and high-pressure circumstances.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, leading to enjoy working with a collaborative team structure
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Director- Mobile Studio
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-03 16:57:22.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。