Head of Global Social Impact
Multiple Locations: Oregon, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 165660
Position Title: Senior Director, D&I and CSR
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We create games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular game genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Electronic Arts is looking for a Head of Global Social Impact, reporting in to the SVP of Positive Play, to develop strategies to create and extend Social Impact programs and activities - including advocacy projects - in meaningful and measurable ways. You will create and guide the development of a Social Impact strategy that is globally relevant and supports the EA mission to Inspire the World to Play. They will set the vision for our tent-pole actions and be empowered to deploy dedicated resources to do so, including a philanthropy fund, education programs, employee action and donation matching, in-game activations and more to create impact at scale. You will do this in deep partnership with EA's Executive team, our Inclusion & Diversity team, our EA Brand team, our game studios and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs.)
The Social Impact leader will seek opportunities for relationships with local, national, and international nonprofit organizations to foster unique and creative strategic partnerships and programs, creating a impactful, diverse and sustainable portfolio. They will guide EA's involvement in local communities where we operate, contribute to the pipeline of talent for us through STEAM education programs, and bring fresh ideas for activating our workforce around our Social Impact initiatives. This role also provides guidance to our game studios for their philanthropic efforts. You oversee project management of EA's Impact Report, and will run the publication of our aspirations and goals that demonstrate measurable progress against these efforts. They will lead with influence, provide the frameworks and set the vision for the change we can create together when we collectively show up as the sum of our parts.
Responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Design and implement a holistic, global Social Impact strategy to integrate EA's values and mission into the foundation of our social efforts and be accountable for our Social Impact efforts to remain core to our business and our brand by measuring and communicating to the business benefit of our actions
- Oversee EA's charitable giving goal, budget, asset management and disbursements
- Lead identification, due diligence and business oversight for charitable donations, sponsored programs, partnerships, and other philanthropic investments
- Attract, build and lead a team that is diverse, inclusive of exceptional work
- Be a thought leader in the organization on all aspects of Social Impact, bringing new, leading edge ideas and relevant solutions that achieve our goals
- Develop and deploy Community Relations programming in partnership with identified nonprofit partners with an eye toward brand visibility, equity, employee engagement, and local community impact
- Design and run creative programs that have a halo effect to positively improving our talent pipelines, player base, employee engagement and shareholder investments. Partner with EA's People Experience team to empower and energize our workforce around causes dear to them, including setting policies such as Volunteer Days, the EA Gives Back program and matching gifts
- Represent us with essential community leaders, opinion leaders, and other team members on community and civic matters and corporate presence opportunities
- A key partner of the Positive Play Group and work with peers both as a strategic sounding board for their plans and as expert counsel in the area of Social Impact
- Build rich relationships with senior leaders and external partners, including the Office of the Chairman and CEO, Board of Directors, Civil Society leaders and partner organizations
You believe in collaboration, and work well with all departments. You will have experience in leading, building, and maintaining a large Social Impact and philanthropic strategy, and have a demonstrated influence at the executive level, and known for execution discipline and management of a team of motivated individuals.
For the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- 5+ years experience leading a team
- Pioneering attitude with solid experience building creative social impact programs
- Create structure
- Value collaboration
- Create a clear connection from EA values through to our Social Impact work
- Ability to promote strategy and gain support from team members
- Compelling public speaker who is comfortable with both large and small audiences
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation and benefit packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Global Social Impact
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-04-30 17:14:12.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.