Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 165640
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II (Server)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We – Slingshot Games Studio @Electronic Arts – are looking for a talented and driven person that is passionate about developing software systems for games with millions of users. We are looking for an experienced server software engineer for developing services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our titles.
You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for game requirements using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud based infrastructure. You will also be working with many existing systems; some developed at Slingshot, some developed externally.
Here's how your day would look like:
- Architect & Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services, built on top of GAE/AWS cloud platforms
- Work with a team of Server Engineers to manage & develop server side stacks supporting games which engage millions of connected online players
- Collaborate closely with the cross functional game development teams to execute on the roadmap/vision of our games
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game designs requirements from the game development teams, such as matchmaking
- Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level
- Ability to estimate work and provide accurate updates on progress
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Passion for delivery of quality software to Criterion’s high standards
Who fits the bill:
- 4 to 6 years' experience in J2SE and J2EE development teams with a track record of delivering robust and scalable server architectures.
- Expertise in Core Java, Multi Threading & Spring Boot
- Core development experience in Web services
- Good knowledge of design patterns/anti-patterns
- 2 to 3+ years experience in architecting large-scale distributed systems
- Exposure to RDBMSes and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to distributed Caching solutions (Memcached, Redis).
- Exposure to Cloud environments like AWS, Google Cloud
- Exposure to Linux and scripting
- Knowledge of version control and build systems such as P4v, Gitlab, Maven & Gradle
- Experience of test-driven development and continuous integration
- Experience writing maintainable, reusable clean code
- Passion for improving legacy code with careful refactoring, supported by tests
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
What to Expect:
- A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
- The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
- Career progression and mentoring
- A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
- The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-05-05 10:17:31.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.