Lead Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165626
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
You will report to the project Technical Design Director and work towards a mastery of Frostbite, EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Star Wars™: Squadrons, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. You will learn how everything works and won't shy away from diving into new or undocumented systems.
- You will be a proactive problem solver and contributor.
- Support and guide other team members in relation to design features and workflows; you are the first point of escalation for designers and programmers.
- Alongside the Technical Design Director, you will identify and lead the development of new design workflow and features.
- You will maintain and own systems and features during production.
- Review designs, content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals, memory budgets and standards.
- Review incoming bugs within the Technical Design team to stay on top of any issues.
- Implement scripting or game design work when needed during parts of production.
- You will lead and manage the day to day work of the Technical Designers, alongside the Technical Design Director.
- Experience in technical design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines.
- Visual scripting-languages experience.
- Work towards mastery of our engine. "Aims to know how everything works."
- You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
- Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration and bridging between creatives and engineers.
- Well versed in modern game design trends and how they function.
- 2-3+ shipped games.
- 6 or more years of games industry experience, (experience in a technical role is an advantage).
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-30 17:11:16.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.