Lead Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165626
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
You will report to the project Technical Design Director and work towards a mastery of Frostbite, EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Star Wars™: Squadrons, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. You will learn how everything works and won't shy away from diving into new or undocumented systems.
- You will be a proactive problem solver and contributor.
- Support and guide other team members in relation to design features and workflows; you are the first point of escalation for designers and programmers.
- Alongside the Technical Design Director, you will identify and lead the development of new design workflow and features.
- You will maintain and own systems and features during production.
- Review designs, content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals, memory budgets and standards.
- Review incoming bugs within the Technical Design team to stay on top of any issues.
- Implement scripting or game design work when needed during parts of production.
- You will lead and manage the day to day work of the Technical Designers, alongside the Technical Design Director.
- Experience in technical design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines.
- Visual scripting-languages experience.
- Work towards mastery of our engine. "Aims to know how everything works."
- You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
- Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration and bridging between creatives and engineers.
- Well versed in modern game design trends and how they function.
- 2-3+ shipped games.
- 6 or more years of games industry experience, (experience in a technical role is an advantage).
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-30 17:11:16.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。