Concepteur.rice Technique Sénior.e / Senior Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Múltiples localizaciones: Montreal, QC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165626
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
As a Senior Technical Designer, you will be a vital connection between Design and Engineering. Working towards a mastery of Frostbite, EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Star Wars™: Squadrons, Battlefield™, Dragon Age™, you will learn how everything works and won't shy away from diving into new or undocumented systems.
Senior Technical Designer should have experience with a variety of engines and tools as well as visual scripting. Bringing your experience in video games production you should also be comfortable about learning "on the fly".
- You will be a proactive problem solver and contributor.
- Support and guide other team members in relation to design features and workflows; you are the first point of escalation for designers and programmers.
- You will maintain and own systems and features during production.
- Review designs, content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals, memory budgets and standards.
- Help advocate for best practices to the content team
- Proactively communicate with your lead and teammates to set priorities and goals for your work
- Act autonomously to track down issues or improvement areas and implement novel solutions
- Experience in technical design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines.
- Some experience in scripting or visual scripting would be an advantage.
- You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
- Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration and bridging between creatives and engineers.
- Well versed in modern game design trends and how they function.
- Games industry experience shipping titles is an advantage, as previous experience in a Technical role but we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Community / Marketing Title: Concepteur.rice Technique Sénior.e / Senior Technical Designer - DEAD SPACE
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-30 17:11:16.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.