Senior Data Analyst - DTS Analytics
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165590
Position Title: Senior Analyst
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
The DTS Analytics team are the analytics experts within the DTS Operations space. We are a team of business and data analyst, centrally positioned within the wider EA Studios organization, partnering with teams to help solve their business operations questions using analytics. We pride ourselves on providing services to our partners and assist them in improving their business operations.
As a Senior Data Analyst in the DTS Analytics team you will support the business through data analysis with the goal of improving the efficiency and quality of their operations. You will be a part of a team of data analysts and will report to the Director of Analytics. You are a curious and technically capable person who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will have an impact on how we run the business, and influence the quality of our games. You love the opportunity to solve a problem without necessarily being attached to a certain tool or tech.
- Collect requirements from our partner teams and refine them through collaboration with them.
- Design data models that capture all the essential data generated by the business processes.
- Perform data analysis on a business process to provide an objective view on how the business operates.
- Determine important metrics that provide feedback on the efficacy of the business.
- Query data, transform, and enhance it to build reports and dashboards complete with user documentation.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations that help the internal partner identify essential areas of opportunity and insight to improve future design decisions.
- Champion of data quality; identify weak points in the data streams and work with the internal partner to implement solutions to ensure data governance and compliance.
- Prepare statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
- 5+ years of work experience in a past analytical role, using data to improve business operations.
- Understand how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
- Query large amounts of semi-structured big data using Hive QL.
- Create performant data models that can be further used for visualization by the team.
- Visualize high readability data insights using software tools like Looker, Power BI, Tableau, or similar BI tools.
- Write efficient Python or R code to answer questions through statistical analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Economics), or completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses. Statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
- Experience initiating and maintaining close collaborations with coworkers and partners.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Analyst - DTS Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-26 16:29:31.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。