Multiple Locations: Sacramento, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 165446
Position Title: Game Designer II
Cinematic Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is searching for a Cinematic Designer to create interactive cinematic conversations that translate scripted scenes into engaging player experiences.
You will work with our narrative team to ensure cinematics are presented in compelling and immersive ways.
You will autonomously create cinematics from block-out to polish within our interactive narrative systems, all with an eye for composition, pacing, staging, animation, and body language.
- You will script engaging interactive in-game conversations and cinematic moments.
- You will work within an existing animation library to create compelling action and emotionally motivated moments between characters.
- You will uphold established cinematic standards across the game and broader IP to maintain a design language.
- You will manage the scope and budget of assigned tasks to meet project deadlines without jeopardizing the player's experience.
- You will participate in reviews, stand-ups, playtests, and work across departments.
- You will report to the Cinematic Supervisor.
- 3+ years of professional game design experience, or equivalent industry experience as a layout/previsualization artist.
- One or more shipped titles in a Cinematic, Animation, or Narrative Design capacity.
- Familiarity with one or more game engine cinematic tools.
- Experience with cinematic language, frame composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
- Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers.
- The ability to liaison between writers, artists, designers.
- Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics.
- Passion for BioWare games, story-driven RPGs, and pen & paper games.
- A reel of cinematic work from past projects. Shipped game titles.
- Examples of cinematics built with a game engine or comparable tool.
Community / Marketing Title: Cinematic Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-21 00:00:53.113
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.