Director of Experience Design, EA.com
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 165396
Position Title: Director, Experience Design
Director of Experience Design, EA.com
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team drives the strategy and implementation of EA's digital ecosystem, helping EA's community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our initiatives include: EA.com; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA desktop app; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies.
In your role as Director of Experience design, reporting to the Head of Design, you will take accountability for the design strategy and execution of EA.com, an essential digital touchpoint in the EA ecosystem. This means you'll partner with Product Management, Engineering, Operational and Strategic leaders to define and optimize an ever-evolving web destination, working with stakeholders in Marketing, Commercial, Talent Acquisition and Brand Management roles across the company.
You're someone with a track record for:
- Problem solving. You are adept at working with stakeholders to discover and understand their needs, and at formulating solutions in a systematic, holistic manner.
- Delivering excellence. You are sensitive to and passionate about brand, quality, and nuanced web projects.
- Adapting. You determine the best responsive UX approaches based on player feedback and the competitive landscape, helping to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as you go.
- Collaborating. You build trusting relationships within your immediate product team and with partners across the organization.
- Communicating. You share your ideas and design rationale in a clear, concise manner to leadership and partners.
- Creating. Experience with information architecture, UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables.
- Driving UX efforts across a team. You guide discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams, even when navigating uncertainty.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 10+ years of experience in UX and product design.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Complete UX skills: workshop facilitation, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Invision or others.
- Enthusiasm for gaming is desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends is a big plus
In a typical week, the Director of Experience Design could be...
- Leading site-wide systems design, understanding common needs across the web ecosystem and explaining global web solutions.
- Partnering with Marketing, Competitive Gaming, Corporate Communications or other teams to organize discovery and strategic conversations that affect the ongoing development of EA.com.
- Overseeing a digital creative service organization in creating web experiences for EA's catalog of global titles.
- Partnering with the Director of Content Strategy to optimize how content is crafted and syndicated site-wide.
- Optimizing the EA.com experience based on an understanding of usage metrics and telemetry.
- Creating prototypes and participating in usability testing sessions.
You'll build relationships and work with...
- Product management, engineers, game studio teams, and marketing managers to bring an ongoing roadmap of interactive features to life.
- UX Research, Consumer Insights, and analytics to inform UX strategy and ensure site optimizations are measurably improving the player experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Experience Design, EA.com
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-14 18:09:59.123
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.