Senior Development Director, Maxis
Multiple Locations: Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France • Germany • Sweden • Spain • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 165393
Position Title: Sr DD
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for a Senior Development Director who will play an important role in our leadership team. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor other Development Directors, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of organization, collaboration, and communication. You understand the iterative nature of software engineering and how to empower teams to make a difference. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
- Help shape the Maxis Studio with local Senior Leadership, driving new asynchronous initiatives and changing the landscape of what remote development is for the industry.
- Scale and grow a new Live Services studio within the Maxis organization while establishing and maintaining team health standards.
- Forecast and align resource capacity for complex projects/teams, identify, escalate, and propose with the support of team leadership opportunities to address skill gaps and build business justifications for additional resources.
- Be the point of escalation for conflict management within project teams, help to remove roadblocks or escalate issues to team leadership for resolution before they become impactful.
- Lead project managers at all levels of the organization to provide feedback and mentorship, ensuring compliance with established processes
- Establish and maintain change management processes for existing services to ensure that releases and live service issues are triaged, resolved, and that the release process is accurately followed with engagement from all partners.
- Identifying and implementing process improvement programs across full projects or multiple teams
- Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
- Anticipating and solving SDI-wide dependencies between the project and external groups
- Using change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change effectively
- 8+ years working as a project manager, with experience leading multiple distributed scrum teams
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Have experience managing all teams, distributed across multiple different time zones.
- Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt.
- The ability to talk across all levels of an organization
- The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
- Conflict resolutions skills
- Experience effective management of senior engineering resources
- Experience delivering live services
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director, Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-04-28 16:39:48.26
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。