Senior Development Director, Maxis
Plusieurs Emplacements: Sweden • Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France • Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Spain • United Kingdom • Germany
Requisition Number: 165393
Position Title: Sr DD
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for a Senior Development Director who will play an important role in our leadership team. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor other Development Directors, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of organization, collaboration, and communication. You understand the iterative nature of software engineering and how to empower teams to make a difference. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
- Help shape the Maxis Studio with local Senior Leadership, driving new asynchronous initiatives and changing the landscape of what remote development is for the industry.
- Scale and grow a new Live Services studio within the Maxis organization while establishing and maintaining team health standards.
- Forecast and align resource capacity for complex projects/teams, identify, escalate, and propose with the support of team leadership opportunities to address skill gaps and build business justifications for additional resources.
- Be the point of escalation for conflict management within project teams, help to remove roadblocks or escalate issues to team leadership for resolution before they become impactful.
- Lead project managers at all levels of the organization to provide feedback and mentorship, ensuring compliance with established processes
- Establish and maintain change management processes for existing services to ensure that releases and live service issues are triaged, resolved, and that the release process is accurately followed with engagement from all partners.
- Identifying and implementing process improvement programs across full projects or multiple teams
- Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
- Anticipating and solving SDI-wide dependencies between the project and external groups
- Using change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change effectively
- 8+ years working as a project manager, with experience leading multiple distributed scrum teams
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Have experience managing all teams, distributed across multiple different time zones.
- Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt.
- The ability to talk across all levels of an organization
- The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
- Conflict resolutions skills
- Experience effective management of senior engineering resources
- Experience delivering live services
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director, Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-28 16:39:48.26
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.