Senior Level Designer
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165344
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Senior Level Designer to create extremely fun, satisfying game levels that align with our creative vision.
What the next great Senior Level Designer will do at Motive:
- Design major game levels that are playable, enjoyable and immersive.
- Partner with technical and game design team members to understand and address constraints while maintaining AAA quality levels
- Work in collaboration with level artists to ensure playability of levels and graphic fidelity.
- Contribute to playtests and design discussions and critiques.
- Help improve the game editor
- Test and troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game engine and fix them
- Work with Usability Lab to produce A/B tests and other important usability studies.
Who you are:
You will have 5+ years' experience in video game level design with experience on at least one AAA title and:
- Experience using visual scripting and level design tools
- Communicate design decisions and design documents creation
- Can work with partners to implement upon a vision
- Prototype ideas and share those ideas with important partners
- Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
- Interest in the environmental aesthetics
- Understanding of function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Must work well in a team spanning artists, programmers, and designers. We're looking for someone who excels in the environment that new game creation demands.
- Break down tasks and work with production to produce estimates and priorities.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Level Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-12 15:35:56.147
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。