Designeuse principale des systèmes
Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165343
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Lead Systems Designer to join our team working on the early stages of a new project. You will work with creative direction and your team to develop the vision of the game systems (economy, progression, etc.) from the early stages. You understand how game systems fit together, how they can make a game engaging, and how they can empower players.
You will join a small team of design leads who report to the Gameplay Director.
- Develop gameplay systems with a focus on longer-term loops and player motivation.
- Write design documents and plan execution on features to support the creative director's vision.
- Create understanding and enthusiasm for designs by presenting them, explaining them in different forms, and taking feedback from the team.
- Create and guide prototypes that answer important questions about a design.
- Implement new features and content and develop them to completion, using our in-house tools and visual scripting.
- Oversee the global balance and difficulty curves of the game, supporting diverse player skill levels and play styles.
- Work with the team across the disciplines to identify risks early and develop features and content to a high level of quality.
- Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
- Manage a small team of designers, reviewing their work, providing relevant feedback, and helping them to succeed and grow their skills.
- Coordinate with other designers, project leadership, and other disciplines.
- 4+ years of design experience in video games.
- Design credits on at least two titles where you were responsible for gameplay systems.
- Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
- Experience with leadership and mentoring.
- Knowledge of recent titles and trends in action games and RPGs and the ability to apply insights from them.
- A focus on player experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Designeuse principale des systèmes
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-12 12:29:05.413
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.