Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 165315
Position Title: Game Design Director
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. We're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, creativity and fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
We are looking for an experienced Game Director, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences. You will report to our Creative Director and will lead a team of dedicated developers, creating the vision and leading the development of compelling and immersive gameplay, both moment-to-moment and long-term. Your mix of creative and leadership experience in AAA titles allows you to inspire the team, communicate vision, inspire creativity, and develop incredible experiences for our players.
- Champion the design direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through creative design and leadership that empowers others.
- Direct the design of all gameplay features on a title, from moment-to-moment combat and locomotion to broad-strokes game systems and economies.
- Work with leadership to determine creative direction for our games.
- Can guide early prototyping efforts towards innovation.
- Rally and create visible wide-spread support for direction.
- Oversee design vision and implementation by working directly with designers, producers, programmers and artists.
- Coach and guide the gameplay team, helping them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
- Represent the game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- Review the work of the gameplay team, setting clear quality targets and providing essential feedback to reach them.
- You are knowledgeable about new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to improve within it, designing games that are culturally relevant to the audience.
- 10+ years industry experience working in the field of game design on AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience leading a gameplay or systems design team.
- Experience taking AAA games from concept to completion.
- Specific expertise in combat design, and broad general game design knowledge.
- You welcome feedback and criticism, and enjoy working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- You can break down complex problems into consumable pieces for others.
- Experience working with user testing / research departments to refine and improve the game's design.
- A passion for games. Just as important, a desire to make games with an impact at an industry level.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Director
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-08 20:08:51.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.