Audio Software Engineer - NHL (contract)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165267
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
A Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Audio Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Work with Audio Artists, Designers, and other game area SEs to support Audio features and ensure quality results
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code for Audio features on an AAA title
- Maintain and implement tools and pipelines
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with C# and/or Lua
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
- Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
Nice to have:
- Experience shipping a console title (i.e. PS4, XboxOne )
- Expertise in a core domain such as audio, user interfaces, gameplay, animation, pipelines, tools, etc
- Experience with music theory or performance, recording, or audio technologies
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Software Engineer - NHL (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-06 22:30:57.883
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.