Senior Animation Software Engineer - C++ (Respawn)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Illinois, United States
Requisition Number: 165228
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Work with designers & animators to understand requirements and plan out functional requirements.
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for Animation systems
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design and develop new content creation tools, workflow tools and general productivity tools
- Support Designers using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
- Work with the Unreal Engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
- Identify bottlenecks and performance issues involving cpu time & bandwidth and optimize them.
- Provide solutions that consider multi-threading, hardware requirements, skeleton optimizations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of games development experience
- Experience with Animation features such as skeletons, rigs, animation compression, blending, ragdolls, IK, procedural animation solutions, motion fields, character physics, secondary motion
- Experience with Data-driven State Machines
- Experience with Animator tools to control blending, controller trees, and transitions
- Passion for Animation technologies
- Strong proficiency with C++
- Experience with C# & WPF a bonus
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with Agile development philosophies
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
- Respond to Code Review feedback and provide quality Code Review feedback
- Knowledge of source code management.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Animation Software Engineer - C++ (Respawn)
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-04-05 16:42:20.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.