Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 165204
Position Title: Principal Technical Director
We are looking for a Technical Director who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of accomplished developers. You will lead the engineering on the Star Wars team, providing technical direction and mentorship to senior technical leads. As Technical Director, you will work with other discipline leaders such as art, animation, game design, and audio as the technical expert for the team.
Respawn puts a big emphasis on fun gameplay. We want responsive, immersive gameplay that just feels right. Every detail matters - whether it’s the way a player experiences traversing across a cliffside, the way embodying a character can make a player feel powerful and smart, to how an astonishing gameplay moment can leave a player breathless; it’s all crafted with purpose. You will be a key partner in ensuring the game feels good and is fun to play.
You will report to the Head of Technology and grow a team of to deliver an exciting new product!
- Craft leader for the engineering team, setting project technical standards
- Establish high-level architecture, processes, and technical budgets
- Oversee project technical design and implementation
- Work with other disciplines, such as game design, art, animation, audio to determine team and game engineering needs
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Manage technical requirements and risks, removing roadblocks and raising red flags, etc.
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal and external technical partners
- Conduct research necessary, and evolve technology, to achieve the game vision
- Partner with Production on development processes and planning
- Provide constructive feedback on the engineering team’s work
- Develop and mentor the engineering team; create opportunities for challenge and growth
- Participate in recruiting efforts - screening, interviewing, final selection, offer decisions, etc.
- Collaborate with leads in other departments to ensure good communication and solid working relationships between departments
- 10+ years software development experience
- 10+ years of C/C++
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience as TD / Senior Engineer (with reports)
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Shipped at least two AAA titles, including one recent cross-platform title on UE4
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with multithreading systems
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, i.e. rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, online, audio, build pipelines, etc. and hands-on experience with multiple
- Mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- A passion for making and playing games
If this position sounds like a fit with your background and interests, we look forward to reviewing your resume!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits. You can read more about these here: www.respawn.com/perks
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-04-02 00:18:49.903
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。