Anti-Cheat Development Manager
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Virginia, United States • Ontario, Canada • North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 165135
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering - Security
*Open to remote EST and CST time zones in any North American location EA has an entity.
Anti-Cheat Development Manager
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
We are looking for a Senior Anti-Cheat Development Manager to secure the integrity of EA’s games for our players. As the leader of the Anti-Cheat Engineering team, you will report to the Director of Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response. Your primary responsibilities will include leveling up our engineering team with a strong foundation of core engineering expertise, an eye for designing, implementing, and operating an always-available service, and fostering an environment of research and development to create a leading anti-cheat platform for EA.
With your leadership, your team of some of EA's top talent will make the impossible a simple, tangible, and testable reality. In this role, you will solve a critical problem to our players, ensuring they have a fair and level playing field.
- You will work on the code with your engineers to solve complicated problems
- You will help the team in offering simple alternatives to issues they’re encountering or reviewing solutions they’ve designed.
- You will build and evolve a cohesive team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges, and developmental opportunities to ensure that all your engineers reach their potential.
- You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables.
- You will partner with the anti-cheat project manager to create deliverables while considering quality, scope, and capacity constraints.
- You will manage engineers across multiple engineering disciplines within a single team.
- You will communicate progress, challenges, risks and mitigations, milestones, and achievements to leadership within EA Security and our studio partners with transparency.
- You will create an inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team.
- Experience working with C++, designing software, and software architecture
- Solid knowledge of Windows APIs and Windows internals
- Experience diving into complex code bases and being productive
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile software development environment.
- Experience managing a team of engineers
- Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Experience working with or familiarity with the external security researching community, game cheat community, and/or identifying and leveraging cheats in games
Community / Marketing Title: Anti-Cheat Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-30 22:25:41.75
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.