Technical Art Director
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 165108
Position Title: Associate Technical Art Director
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators, fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We push visual boundaries and create leading edge content across multiple disciplines. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, and across multiple art styles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide.
EA SPORTS ART encompasses Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
The Technical Art Director is a lead position within the Technical Art team. As a TAD, your mission is to direct, define, design and implement efficient, high-quality content production workflows, technologies, and visuals for our EA SPORTS ART-supported projects.
Technical Art Directors oversee large projects, which can include entire game areas/domains. As a contributor, you are an expert in the technical art field, with main responsibilities including content production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting/logic ("schematics") and shader development.
Technical Art Directors are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This will include delegation to, and empowerment of, senior, intermediate, and junior Technical Art staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. The Technical Art Director reports to the Director of Technical Art for EA SPORTS ART - Vancouver.
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- Experience leading teams of 5+ people.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages. Maya and Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to developing techniques to meet quality targets within technical constraints.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-03-29 16:09:35.467
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。