Software Developer- CNCF
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Kitchener, ON, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Edmonton, AB, Canada
Requisition Number: 165088
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Software Engineer that will shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user-generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
As a Software Engineer you will
- Develop responsive, resilient, massively scalable, and globally available services that support millions of players
- Creatively blend security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Embrace and commit to culturalizing vision and plans for SRE principles and Best Practices.
- Apply and improve service deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime
- Drive design and implementation of APIs and protocols that are consistent, formalized, and testable
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development
- Author and review technical design documents and API specifications detailing software requirements
- Maintain a suite of automated tests that validate the correctness of backend services
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of job experience in a hands-on coding role
- You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in the cloud
- You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support
- You have experience with various programming languages and frameworks (Java/Kotlin, C++, Typescript, Go)
- You develop high-quality, testable software
- You have a desire to work with client engineers and designers to iteratively add features and improve APIs
- You've deployed services using Kubernetes and containerization
- You’ve knowledge of platforms, architectures and the CNCF landscape with a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Kubernetes API and CRDs.
- You have experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools
- You have experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing the performance of web services
- You work on software that requires developing and optimizing queries and database access patterns
- You're willing to iterate quickly and develop multiple short-lived prototypes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy
- You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
- You've worked in the games industry before
- You have contributed to CNCF projects or built open-source tooling
- You've shipped web services that scale to millions of daily users
- You have experience working in large data-driven services
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer- CNCF
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 421
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.