Senior Technical Artist
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 165079
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Senior Technical Artist Generalist - Maxis
Location: EA Redwood Shores; Open to Remote for most North America locations
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Maxis is looking for a Technical Artist Generalist. We have projects in both production and pre production phases, and we are looking for teammates to collaborate with to bring our new characters & worlds to life. If you are passionate about bringing the latest trends in technology to bear against your craft, and working with others to develop outstanding experiences for our IPs … come join our team. You will report to the studio Technical Art Director.
- Work with Technical & Art Directors, Engineers, and Art Discipline Leads to develop industry-leading content pipelines.
- Develop tools and workflows to empower world building, character, and animation artists to create outstanding content.
- Develop and maintain pipelines supporting large libraries of game art content in live service ecosystems.
- Work with TDs and TADs to develop content performance plans, and monitor performance to provide performance guidance, based on established metrics and reporting methods.
- Develops tools, pipelines, & processes for performance management aligned towards meeting art production goals.
- Firefight production issues, investigating hot issues and resolving roadblocks.
- Work with Technical Art partners across EA to develop and share pipelines and best practices.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
- 6+ years of tech art, tech animation, and world development experience in Maya for video games.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist on a published (or soon to be) video game project.
- Experience working in Unreal Editor.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint and asset scripting.
- Expert proficiency with Maya and modern DCC applications.
- Proficiency in Python & Mel (C# and other languages.)
- Experience writing tools to aid animators, character, and object artist workflows.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple disciplines to achieve team technical objectives.
- Ability to communicate thru solid documentation of developed pipelines and workflows.
- Experience in Perforce or other version control software.
- Well versed in Shotgun, Jira or other bug tracking and project management software.
- Experience developing for iOS/Android.
- Experience developing for console hardware (XB1/XBX/PS4/PS5).
- Machine learning experience, with applications to content creation.
- Experience with Unreal Lighting, Post, and Niagara Visual Effects systems.
- In-depth experience creating and maintaining high-end character rigs.
- Experience in working with keyframe animation and motion capture data, troubleshooting motion data issues, and ensuring animation best practices.
- Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees.
- The ability to read and write shader source code using HLSL or GLSL.
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
- Skills in Substance Designer & Painter workflows.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.
- Background in photography, painting, concept art, or animation.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-03-31 21:21:55.71
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。