Network Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 165049
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer Networking
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Design, implement, document, debug, and test C++ code
- Work on several Apex Legends systems, focused on Networking, Replication and Performance
- Collaborate, with designers and other engineers to develop and refine key systems, including requirements gathering and writing technical briefs
- Participate in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers creating clean, maintainable, and performant C++ code
- Partner teams and disciplines across Respawn
- Able to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Experience working with game engines
- Solid working experience (4 or more Years) working on games writing performant C++ code
- CS Degree Preferred
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Experience working with Physics Engine
- Experience with Networking / Game Replication Systems
- Scripting experience (Squirrel Scripting / LUA / PHP)
- Experience working with Matchmaking
- Passionate about Apex Legends / Competitive Gaming
Community / Marketing Title: Network Software Engineer - C++ (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-29 19:53:21.83
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.