Rigger + Sr Technical Animator - Star Wars
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 165021
Position Title: Senior Animator
Senior Technical Animator/Rigger - Remote Friendly
Join us in driving the next revolution in games. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to:
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product
- Define a new model of game development
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work within our team to inspire creativity, bring life to our games and build compelling mobile experiences. As part of this team, you will work in close collaboration with art, game design, UX, engineering, and operations. You will report to our Principal Technical Art Director. The Senior Technical Animator has industry-honed abilities in both rigging and 3D animation and can work throughout the entire animation production pipeline.
- You will create rigs, skin characters, animate and export from Maya.
- Create appealing, user-friendly, and performant animations for our games
- Import characters and animations into Unity, setup state machines and make all connections to the game.
- You will work with the art, engineering and design to help establish animation style and implement best practices and make sure all characters are hitting all quality metrics.
- Guide outsourcing partners in technical and stylistic requirements.
- Mentor junior/intermediate staff and provide feedback to other animators
- At least 5 years or 3 shipped titles working in a game development environment
- You have a willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical and artistic challenges and limitations.
- Expertise in 3D character rigging, skinning
- Experience with animation asset delivery pipelines
- Strong animation skills, demonstrating an understanding of principles of weight and movement
- Storytelling through animation with creative flair
- Create state machines and animations within technical constraints (Specifically for Unity)
- Experience with game production process, from beginning to end
- A passion for making games!
- Adobe CC
- P4 and Git
- mGear rigging framework
- C# scripting
- VFX experience
- Experience with turn-based RPG or RTS style animations
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
Community / Marketing Title: Rigger + Sr Technical Animator - Star Wars
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-03-24 18:38:03.957
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。