Lighting Artist - BioWare
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 164957
Position Title: Lighter 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Create high-quality lighting, atmospherics, skies, and color grades using the Frostbite engine and other tools, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between our different teams throughout EA's studios.
- Partner with our art, tech art, and engineering teams to develop next-gen lighting solutions into a production pipeline.
- Work with the design department to ensure that the lighting work supports gameplay goals.
- Work with creative leadership to support the art direction through the development of lighting direction.
- Create documentation for lighting guidelines and workflows.
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with rendering and lighting performance, tools, and pipelines.
- Report to the Lead Lighting Artist.
- Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques
- Degree or diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production or Photography.
- Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 5+ years experience in software game development and 8+ years overall lighting experience.
- Experience with rendering and compositing/grading software (i.e. Nuke, Resolve).
- Experience with offline sky generation software (i.e. Terragen, VUE).
- Experience with both character and environment lighting.
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping.
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork
Community / Marketing Title: Lighting Artist - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-19 15:43:39.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.