Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 164945
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Software Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with architects and other engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build, and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
What you will do as a Software Engineer:
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and game teams to create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs, SDKs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
We are looking for:
- Experience working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with the game development industry and development on game consoles or embedded systems.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#
- Experience working with online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and related debugging tools.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Core Technology Group
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-03-19 16:08:03.813
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。