Senior Software Developer
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 164877
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Reporting to the Gameplay Technical Director, you are a gameplay 3C specialist who focuses on the look and feel of the games mechanics. Working closely with designers and animators, you will contribute to the development of multiple features that bring the main character to life, such as camera, controls, animation systems and physics.
What the Senior Gameplay Programmer will do at Motive:
- Implement gameplay systems through collaboration with other software developers, game designers, visual artists, and audio engineers
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that further the game’s artistic and design vision
- Mentor other developers on the gameplay team and participate in design and code reviews
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
Who You Are:
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional C/C++ experience
- Experience developing gameplay systems on AAA games with at least one shipped title
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Experience of working with animation and physics systems to deliver gameplay features
- Passion for both developing and playing games
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-18 13:12:39.127
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。