Software Engineer II
Location: Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 164815
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects span the digital touchpoints where players use the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC through Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Software Engineer III, you will review design documentation, assessing technical feasibility and proposing implementation plans, which means partnering with Product Owners, Designers, DDs, QV and other engineers, all with an eye on implementing quality, performant, maintainable code. As part of the broader software engineering discipline you report to a Lead Software Engineer on the EAX team based in Vancouver, BC.
Joining EAX means you will shape EA's online presence; evolve subscription services that span three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and promote more personalized, socially connected experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that "we see farther," and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a proven track record who:
- Delivers quality, commercial C++ based desktop application for Windows or Macintosh
- Is experienced in C++, Git, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence
- Is experienced in OO designs and SOLID principles
- Knows what you need to do, wants to do it well, and to help your team succeed
- Seeks clarity and confronts challenges
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 8+ years of commercial C++ development experience
- Familiar with Windows applications and cloud storage/distribution models
- An interest in gaming or digital platforms and digital distribution strategies a bonus
- Passion for self-improvement and mentoring
In a typical week, the Software Engineer may…
- Review feature requests for technical feasibility
- Write Proof of Concept code
- Write production code that's submitted to a CI/CD system
- Review and provide merge request feedback
- Participate in risk assessments and mitigation
You'll build relationships and work with…
- Other members of the EAX organization to provide engineering support and feedback
- Game development teams for support, feature requests and distribution platform feature integration
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-15 18:09:29.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。