Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 164803
Position Title: Principal Technical Director
We are looking for a Senior Technical Director who is passionate about delivering a high-quality and innovative live service to our Apex Legends players on PC and consoles. You will lead the engineering on the Apex Legends team, providing technical direction and mentorship to senior technical leads. As Senior Technical Director, you will work with other discipline leaders such as art, animation, game design, and audio as the technical expert for the team.
Respawn puts gameplay first - the essential foundation of a great gaming experience starts with gameplay. Every detail is crafted with purpose; all of our development disciplines contribute towards creating an incredible gameplay experience for our players.
You will report to the Head of Technology, bring a history of game programming, and communicate complex ideas in simple-to-understand ways.
- Growing the Apex engineering team in our LA and Vancouver studios
- Develop and mentor the Apex engineering team - create opportunities for challenge and growth
- Set and enforce technical standards with the Apex TDs
- Establish high-level architecture, processes, and technical budgets with the Apex TDs
- Work with the Live Service group to ensure good live service metrics to detect, and resolve issues
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Manage technical requirements and risks, removing roadblocks and raising red flags, etc.
- Working with external engineering partners to deliver key features
- Work with TDs to produce and update 2-year technology roadmap for Apex
- Work with Quality Engineering on automation initiatives to aid with QA
- Work with Apex Build & Release to dashboards against key metrics
- Main point of contact with EA Central Technology, Finance, and IT for Apex
- Work with other departmental leads foster good communication and solid working relationships
- 10+ years software development experience
- 10+ years of C/C++
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience as TD / Senior Engineer (with reports)
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Shipped at least two AAA titles
- Involved in Live Service for 12+m on a AAA title
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with multithreading systems
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, i.e. rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, online, audio, build pipelines, etc. and hands-on experience with multiple
- Mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- A passion for making and playing games
If this position sounds like a fit with your background and interests, we look forward to reviewing your resume!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits. You can read more about these here: www.respawn.com/perks
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-03-15 05:33:45.81
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。