Senior Narrative Designer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 164768
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Senior Narrative Designer
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Working with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Senior Narrative Designer on The Sims, you'll report to the Creative Director and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to lead the development of the narrative experience from initial prototypes through final design.
You will work with your engineering, design, XD, UXR and Production partners, along with using feedback and research insights to create experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
The Sims has a very unique player base with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best stories and experiences for our players.
Guide the delivery of the following:
- Establish and and maintain the narrative vision of the project.
- Explore new ways to bring characters to life and create emotional experiences in a non-linear simulation experience.
- Work with multiple disciplines to direct and implement the characters, settings, goals, and conflicts from drafts in game.
- Work with the tools team to improve workflow and processes.
- Create design documentation to support prototyping efforts.
- Partner with Development Directors to track tasks, identify risk, and clarify changes in work.
- Partner with UX to design, research, and implement features, particularly for introducing narrative elements and decisions.
- Aid team leadership in gathering presentation materials.
- Playtest, attend UXR sessions, and participate in organizing feedback/insights.
- Document findings for future use in Sims development.
- Narrative Game Genre design experience, especially in the area of creating the production pipeline to integrate story with the gameplay.
- Experience writing fictional stories, ideally interactive experiences.
- Capability to lead cross-discipline prototyping and idea iteration, actively participating in the development of a feature from start to finish.
- Experience with young adult fiction, pop-culture stories, in particular romantic narratives.
- Hands-on implementation for an interactive experience or mod.
- Excited by and helping establish new business and distribution models like live services through the lens of narrative elements.
- Knowledge of popular interactive story machinima or mod communities (ex: The Sims, Episode, Grand Theft Auto Online).
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Narrative Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-03-11 20:03:39.923
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.