Software Engineer III
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 164767
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
This Senior Tools Software Engineer role within the mobile QE organization collaborates with QA and Game Development to create tools and technical strategies with the goals of improving game development infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Development and QA processes. You will ensure a seamless partner experience, focusing on understanding our partner's needs and building proper tooling solutions to satisfy their requirements and blend in with their existing workflows. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will also be an on the ground leader in local team and wider Quality Engineering organization.
Create technology and guide usage and support:
- You will collaborate with your Quality Engineering Technical Director, Game Development and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- You will build and deploy internal software tools to our Game Development and QA partners.
- You will support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new tools.
- You will identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- You will provide senior technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
- You will promote code quality and SOLID design principles for the team.
- You will utilize and promote proper use of architectural and design patterns for building our tools.
- You will lead in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- You will perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
- You will help promote bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties
- 7+ years of professional experience with .NET, C#, C++ (deep C# experience is an essential requirement for this role).
- Understand the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
- Web-based systems experience an asset.
- Technical writing experience is an asset.
- Experience with mobile app development ecosystems (Android and/or iOS) is an asset.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-03-11 18:41:20.053
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.