Software Engineer III
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 164767
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
This Senior Tools Software Engineer role within the mobile QE organization collaborates with QA and Game Development to create tools and technical strategies with the goals of improving game development infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Development and QA processes. You will ensure a seamless partner experience, focusing on understanding our partner's needs and building proper tooling solutions to satisfy their requirements and blend in with their existing workflows. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will also be an on the ground leader in local team and wider Quality Engineering organization.
Create technology and guide usage and support:
- You will collaborate with your Quality Engineering Technical Director, Game Development and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- You will build and deploy internal software tools to our Game Development and QA partners.
- You will support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new tools.
- You will identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- You will provide senior technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
- You will promote code quality and SOLID design principles for the team.
- You will utilize and promote proper use of architectural and design patterns for building our tools.
- You will lead in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- You will perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
- You will help promote bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties
- 7+ years of professional experience with .NET, C#, C++ (deep C# experience is an essential requirement for this role).
- Understand the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
- Web-based systems experience an asset.
- Technical writing experience is an asset.
- Experience with mobile app development ecosystems (Android and/or iOS) is an asset.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-11 18:41:20.053
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.