Game Design Director - EA Sports
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164635
Position Title: Senior Game Design Director I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC. The Game Design Director leads the project's game design to inspire great cohesive experiences for our players. Equally importantly, the Game Design Director cultivates and grows an exceptional design team. You will report to our Executive Producer and will play an instrumental role in the following:
- You will work with franchise leadership to help form the vision and direction for the game, and ensuring that designs follow the game vision.
- Lead other designers to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
- You will inspire and motivate our team to achieve high-quality within constraints.
- Take feedback from external groups and breaking it down to understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution creates the best possible game
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities.
- Champion design and design decisions to franchise leadership and executive partners.
- You will work on the future direction for the franchise to keep it exciting in a fast-changing world.
- Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes and role modeling a commitment to learn.
- Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can thrive.work
- 3+ years leading medium/large design teams with experience delivering high-quality experiences.
- You excel in mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
- You can oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
- You understand how to use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
- You cultivate diverse ideas, opinions and criticism and engage in healthy design discussion
- You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Director - EA Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-05 03:13:45.57
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。