Character Concept Artist - DICE
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 164240
Position Title: Concept Artist 2
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Character Concept Artist, at DICE, you will report to the project Art Director, or Lead, and help them to realize their creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for our artists during production. You will join a team of passionate, creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to even greater heights. In your role as Character Concept Artist you will create memorable characters, that exude a visually rich narrative that speaks to our players and breathes life into our virtual worlds.
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay and storytelling.
- Develop character concepts, props, gear and a variety of cosmetics.
- Create style guides for outsourcing briefs and support our vendors with base material for them to work from.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
- Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
We're looking for Concept Artists across all seniority levels, with a focus on characters, to join our team of content creators and help push our creations to the next level. Regardless if your background is in games or film, what's most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a passion for creating memorable characters.
- 3+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
- A basic understanding of game engines.
- An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
- A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
- Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Concept Artist - DICE
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-02-09 13:50:48.683
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.